Installshield 2013 released today!
Today Flexera Software released a new version of Installshield. As a package engineer I’m very delighted with this news. Let’s have a quick look at some new features of Installshield 2013:
- Support for New Microsoft Technologies – Support for Windows® 8, Windows Server 2012 and Visual Studio 2012. For Windows 8, sideloading of Windows Store Apps is possible!
- Microsoft® System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Support enables application producers to provide required deployment metadata to their Enterprise customers, reducing the burden in managing their application
- PowerShell Support offers application producers the ability to streamline installation scripting requirements and support best practices of their Enterprise customers
- Create Pure 64-Bit Installations–Deploy 64-bit applications using 64-bit installations that support Windows Server configurations where WoW64 has been disabled
- Create Microsoft App-V Installations – Build both physical and virtual application packages from the same build process. Includes new support for App-V 5!
For further details, please follow the link below. Happy Packaging!